International Education provides opportunities for students to participate in cultural activities, experience cross-cultural connections, and enrich international understanding. Study abroad is an ideal way for students to increase global awareness, earn academic credit, and have a great time. There are a wide range of programs and scholarships available to SF students who are interested in pursuing African Studies abroad.
Ghana Abroad at Santa Fe
Estimated Program Cost: $3850 (Not including SF credits)
SLA scholarships are available! Summer 2015: May 17 – 26
- Discover Ghanaian culture and societal traditions
- Explore the role of “alternative” medicine
- Engage in a community service project
- Visit a Ghanaian health care facility
- Interact with Ghanaian health care professionals
- Visit Elmina & Cape Coast Castles to learn about the slave trade and colonization
- HSC4624– Foundations of Global Health (3 credits) and/or
- HSA4850 Health Services Admin Capstone/Internship Course (3 credits) and or
- SYG 2000 – Principles of Sociology (3 credits)
Dr. Kezia Awadzi A-007 395-5335 email@example.com
Dr. Naima Brown R-211 395-5648 firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit the Office for International Education at Santa Fe.
University of Florida in Africa
The Center for International Studies at the University of Florida offers several highly competitive study abroad programs in Tanzania, Morocco, South Africa, Swaziland and Botswana. Some of the programs include intensive language study that meets foreign language requirements for degree-seeking students.