Welcome to International Development & Social Change. This online course will explore different approaches to and perspectives on 'development' and the ways that global policies and initiatives interact with local circumstances to generate unique results. You will be expected to think critically while you analyze global problems and develop intentional solutions.
Goals: By the end of the semester, students will be able to;
* Appreciate how social systems and economic systems are interconnected,
* Understand global economic restructuring and the unique socio-historical circumstances that shape development policies and practices world-wide,
* Identify how global development processes articulate with local systems,
* Interpret how social hierarchies and inequalities inform development outcomes,
* Situate 21st century challenges, issues and experiences in development within their specific socio-historical contexts,
* Use introductory theoretical concepts to analyze and discuss social change and international development.
Check out the VIDEOS OF THE WEEK below: