Digital Humanities Now: is an experimental, edited publication that highlights and distributes informally published digital humanities scholarship and resources from the open web. Since 2009, DHNow has been refining processes of aggregation, discovery, curation, and review to open and extend conversations about the digital humanities research and practice.
The Medieval Beastiary: The Digital Text Library is a collection of mostly out of print and difficult to find books and articles relating to animals in the Middle Ages. The originals of the texts listed here are believed to be in the public domain.
EDSITEment (National Endowment for the Humanities): “Explore our library of humanities lesson plans by subject, theme, and grade level. Find Art & Culture lessons on anthropology, art history, folklore, mythology, religion, and more World Language lessons on languages and the cultures of which they are a part; History & Social Studies lessons on American (including our popular AP U.S. History index) and World History, civics, government and society; and Literature & Language Arts lessons, including AP Literature offerings, on great writing and great literary works throughout the ages.”
America in Class: Collections of primary resources compatible with the Common Core State Standards — historical documents, literary texts, and works of art — thematically organized with notes and discussion questions.
- The American Academy of Arts and Sciences – USA
- Humanities Indicators – USA
- National Humanities Center – USA
- The Humanities Association – UK
- National Humanities Alliance
- National Endowment for the Humanities – USA
- Institute: Arts and Humanities
State & Local Resources
- Florida Memory State Library & Archives of Florida: The mission of the Florida Memory Program is to provide free online access to select archival resources from the collections of the State Library and Archives of Florida. Florida Memory chooses materials for digitization that illuminate significant events and individuals in the state’s history, and help educate Floridians and millions of other people around the world about Florida history and culture.
- Matheson History Museum: Located in the heart of historic downtown Gainesville, the Matheson History Museum is home to the 1867 Matheson House, permanent and temporary exhibits on Alachua County and Florida history, and a local history library and archives filled with resources for the researcher and the curious alike.
- Florida Humanities Council: The Florida Humanities Council is dedicated to building strong communities and informed citizens by providing Floridians with the opportunity to explore the heritage, traditions and stories of our state and its place in the world.